Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Si(sling) Moment


When u have your exams throttling your neck, your interest level in everything else is immense!!! Even the N’th repeat of Roadies is amazing (even without taking MOHIT’s part into consideration).

Now won’t you jump at every option you get of stepping out of the house, especially after a morning of Sanskrit at your friends place?? With that soul reason I was all set to go to my sister’s annual day. OK now if anyone has the slightest hope that it would be fun……… you are very wrong!! of course to see tiny tots shaking their legs 4 the fast numbers is a great thing to watch and listen to them say ’ Thirukurals ‘ which even I cant get right is an ‘Awww…’ thing 

Now back to the plot I go sit there. They start with this traditional ‘lighting the lamp‘ ceremony and welcome speech to the chief guest and cal over the chief guest for a speech. Then you have an IPS speaking about value of education and u go “Oh my god! “. So you go for a small walk, meet some small kids and play on the swing (yepi…….. better than tat speech) and finally return to your seat right on time for the program. Watch all those little wonders dance to a theme “Dances of the world “. Then comes the most awaited part, the grand entry of my beloved sister (ok now don’t laugh, she is beloved). And then 5 6 7 8…….you see a most amazing side of my sister!! After her dance she comes running to to me and gives me a huge hug and asks “ Akka, did I dance like you ? ‘ with this big proud smile on my face I reply ‘ you danced better Bebo ! ‘ and gave her a kiss . even though that pride and love lasted only seconds ( until our fight over ice cream flavor ) it felt like it’s worth the lecture that made my history lessons an un-put-down able read !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment