Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Unsung Song

Early sunshine seemed so dull
Morning breeze felt so dry
Sweet little birds’ voices soulless
White waves pounced aimless

Black ‘n’ White they seemed to me
All until a split second
A sudden thought of you and me
Quick & Short it stayed

A small smile filled my lips
To an unsung song I swayed
I looked up the sun
Whose rays seemed so bright now

And the birds were singing now
My beat fit into the wave’s rhythm
Telling your name every second
Colors flew from the morning sky

To radiate the feeling of that split second
A tear rolled down wondering where you are
But I still kept the smile you loved
And walked in to the sea

Your deep brown eyes flashed inside once
Giving hope and belief to me
I know you would be back one day
And I would be at ease that very day. 

2 comments:

  1. Teju, your writings are wonderfully great! I'm missing a great deal by not meeting you. I have no words for your poems. I admire the frankness as well as the simplicity you express. Even visually they are great.I feel so happy to see you growing up!Do continue writing a lot. I'll be a regular to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u soooo much aunty :)
    missin you too ...
    will surely meet once your bak :)

    ReplyDelete